Friday, January 16, 2009

I Was Just Kidding About Eastern Bastards Freezing in the Dark

I saw the footage from the CN tower on tv this evening, that showed more than a neighbourhood or two completely blacked out. Included to the blackout was a portion of the famous TTC subway system, that unfortunately just cannot run without electricity. To make matters worse it all happened on one of the coldest days of the year.

Forgive me for saying that the eastern bastards should freeze in the dark in a previous posting. Its not like I was praying for that to happen or anything, it just that sometimes crap hits the fan. In fact I know what its like to lose power in a cold spell, fortunately for me out here on the ranch, I always make sure that theres a plan B and plan C in place so that the pipes and my rear end don't split in the cold.

The point that I am trying to make is that the misery level tends to be inversly proportional to the thermometer reading in Canada in both the summer and winter, but especially in the winter. While one cold snap does not prove that global warming is over, it does make one wonder, who in Canada, besides David Suzuki who would ever want to reverse the global warming process.

Maybe we should poll Dr. Suzuki's neighbours in lotus land now that both Vancouver and Victoria experienced their most brutal winter in decades. The question would read "If you knew that David Suzuki was single handedly responsible for reversing global warming that caused this snow, would you kick his ass?"

Maybe the answer is for every one in the lower B.C. mainland is to save a freezer full of snow in case there is a shortage for the 2010 olympics!

No comments: